If you are unsure about buying a hoverboard here are 5 benefits you can get from a hoverboard.
Hoverboards are indeed one of the coolest toys on the planet now. Also known as self-balancing scooters, this personal transport device has become a craze and the hottest selling toy from the time it first came out in 2015. What helped to increase its popularity are the endorsements from celebrities who personally used it. Among those are Justin Bieber, Wiz Khalifa, Jamie Foxx and even the world’s fastest man – Usain Bolt.
The idea of a hoverboard was popularised by the movie Back To the Future Part II wherein it was described as a skateboard-like device that floats above the ground. The term was actually first introduced in a science fiction novel of M.K. Joseph. Despite the presence of wheels, these scooters are called hoverboards just for commercial terms.
The self-balancing scooter was a favourite among kids because of its amazing features. You can imagine a motorised skateboard that balances by itself which is very lightweight and can move you around. As people noticed how fun it is to ride on these scooters, more and more adults are buying one for themselves as well.
What could be the reason for this growing trend among people of all ages? There are various reasons why everyone is crazy about this personal transport. Take a look through this article for 5 benefits you can get from a hoverboard.
Here are some of the things you can benefit from hoverboards
- An awesome personal transport device. When using a hoverboard, moving around can be a lot faster – and fun. A typical hoverboard can take up a speed of up to 10 mph. The good thing about this transport is that, just like a skateboard, it’s easy and light to carry anywhere in case you decide to walk. The reason why these comes with a carry bag as well.
- Great for recreation. Much like biking, hiking, or swimming, riding hoverboard can be an excellent tool for recreational activities. Challenge yourself to new heights as you learn how to balance and roll on roads, streets, alleys and other pathways with smooth surfaces. You will definitely love the excitement of balancing on 2 wheels as you lean forward to pick up speed or take the turns just by twisting the board with your feet.
- Bonding with your friends. Another benefit of getting a hoverboard is enjoying time with friends who also have these scooters. Ever since its popularity surged, everyone wanted to get their hands on it. And most probably friends bought their own as well. If they did, then it would be fun to take the opportunity to ride around with them on the streets or wherever it is allowed.
- Spend precious time with your kids. Taking the time out with your loved ones is probably the best gift you can give them. If your kids got a hoverboard last Christmas and you got yourself one too, then moving around with them on your own hoverboards could the best chance to bond. It’s these kinds of moments that you would want to share time with your little ones and make them feel special.
- Improve your Reflexes, Balance, and Coordination. Riding a hoverboard the first time is not really difficult as you may have thought. This requires patience while learning how to make it work, though. When using a self-balancing scooter, you need to learn how to balance and be able to stand upright on the board. Also, your reflexes have to be responsive enough to deal with the speed and the turns. With constant practice, you should be able to roll out on the streets with ease in no time. And as you get the hang of it, you may notice it that you are also improving your balance, coordination, and reflexes.
Taking Care of Your Hoverboard
Now that you are enjoying the benefits of having a hoverboard, you would want to maintain it in its best condition so you can use it for a very long time.
In order to keep your scooter in tiptop shape, here are some tips which you may find helpful in maintaining it:
- Read the manual and make sure to follow all instructions
- Never charge the battery unattended
- Do not charge the battery overnight
- Just use the charging cord that came with the product
- Be aware of the extreme temperature which could affect your battery
- Stop using the scooter if it overheats. This could be a sign of a battery problem.
Care for your tyres
- Keep it clean from grease or mud. Cleaning the dirt off you tires can actually save your scooter from mechanical problems. The mud or grease stuck on tires might find its way into your motor and circuit board, and eventually, damage your scooter.
- Always check the alignment of the wheel with the wheel shaft. It not only ensures your riding safety but ensures your scooter to work perfectly well.
- Observe recommended weight for your hoverboard. Scooters’ weight limits may vary depending on the type. If you are using a hoverboard with a wheel size of 6.5 to 6.7 inches, keep in mind that it can only carry up to 30 lbs. Overloading will not only be worn out your tires faster, you would not also enjoy the ride since it cannot pick up speed because of the weight.
- Know where you can only use your hoverboard. It is advisable to use the scooter only smooth floors. If you really want to try out other terrains, there are new versions of a hoverboard which is equipped with bigger wheels. Nevertheless, it would still be best if you will use your hoverboard on pathways where the tires will not easily get damaged – and where it is legal.
Keep your hoverboard dry
- There is no hoverboard that is waterproof. You may have seen some scooters claiming to be waterproof with the rating of IP54. The fact is, based on the IP Code, a hoverboard’s protection is only good for water spray. If you happen to have this type of scooter with such rating, it would still be best not to run through wet roads and puddles if you want to prolong your scooter’s life.